To begin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Wednesday 5 October 2011

a New Project

Dear Reader,

I have been encouraged/inspired/challenged/forced-at-gunpoint by some of my friends to start a new project. That is to say, they want me to write one of my more simpler novels online. That way they can read it immediately without having to wait for years for me to get published and to showcase case my "talent" to the world at large. Their words not mine. 

So I've set up a new blog/website were I'll be writing chapters for this "novella" whenever I get the chance. It's one of my historical stories, set in the 1800's, but also it's neither of the stories I have mentioned previously on this blog as I just came up with the concept and plot a few weeks ago. I have named it "Honour & Honesty" in due respect to Jane Austen, whose novels (Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility) have partly inspired it. This is the URL address for the story:


Despite appearances, this is actually the first time I’m writing a story online, and given all my other obligations, I’m not exactly sure how long it will take me to complete this novella. However, I do have a fully-planned, detailed outline of the plot and so each post will be a new chapter of the novella.

And as you might know by now, I hold firm with the idea: “never judge a book by its cover” (or rather “a blog by its template” in this case) I would not expect you, dear reader, to begin reading this without some sort of indication as to what it is all about. So if I were to write a blurb for this novella, it would go something like this:

When the alluring Amelia Russell returns to London after a long absence, all of Adrian Campbell’s ideas, plans and theories on marriage are turned upside down and shaken vigorously. He becomes stuck between a rock and a hard place, with his priced honour most at stake.
But on the other side of the world, in the murky docks of Hong Kong, Lieutenant Warren Lloyd receives an urgent but mysterious message requiring his immediate return to England.
As the varied lives of four young people cross, the value of Honour and Honesty will play a great role in love, heartbreak, family ties and scandal.

What do you thing? ;-) I hope you, dear reader, enjoy reading this as much as I'm enjoying writing it. If this is not your usual cup of tea then that’s fine, I won’t hold it against you. But if you have an ideas, opinions or constructive criticism then I’d definitely love to read it, so leave a comment in the section below. But now I have to go and type up the Prologue. Take care. 
Nida
P.S: make sure you check out the "Acknowledgement" and other pages on the blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! This is so exciting!! I can't wait to read it!! Who knew I'd come back from my blogging hiatus to find you getting all published online!! Eeeek!:P

    I like the blurb already! It's quite mysterious, since most blurbs usually give away the story :) What's the word count? How many chapters have you got up?

    No wait, I'm off to read it, so I'll find out soon enough! Will comment on the new blog what I think, but I'm sure it'll be great masha Allah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks for reading it, I'd love to know what you think of the actual story.

    Unfortunately my word count is stuck on a meagre 7,490. I had to stop writing halfway through chapter 3 because of exams and stuff. But once I get out of this hassle-full time I'll get back to my regular writing pattern Inshallah.

    ReplyDelete