To begin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Monday 2 June 2014

7 Deadly Sins (Book Tag)

Dear Reader,

This is quite an old book tag created by BookishlyMalyza. But I saw the video by youtuber, Bookables and found it interesting enough to do a blog post about. So here goes. 

Greed
What is your most expensive book? and what is your most inexpensive book?
Box-sets of books are really quite expensive (especially for hardcovers), but I love them and have several, as you can from this picture.
 But my single most expensive book (not counting university text books) is:
This was a birthday gift from friends who knew my love for both books and desserts. Rather sweet of them don't you think, (pun intended). 
My least expensive is:
I got this little discarded treasure for a mere 2p at a book sale.   

Wrath
Which author do you have a love-hate relationship with? 
I have quite an issues with Robin McKinley. I love her book Sunshine, she setup this amazing world with so much potential, not to mention all the loose ends. 
But she refuses, absolutely, 100% refuses to write a sequel, or even a spin off set in that world! Ugh!! So Frustrating!

Gluttony
What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?
I would have to say it's a close call between Romancing Mr. Bridgerton and Brighter Than the Sun, both by Julia Quinn. 

Sloth
What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
Insurgent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I don't even know why. Every time I tell myself that I'm going to read Insurgent now, I always end up reading something else. 

Pride
What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?
Idylls of the King by Lord Alfred Tennyson. (But generally I just talk about all the Classics I have read.)

Lust 
What attributes do you find most attractive in male/female characters?
I think that this goes for both male and female characters, that they be genuinely good people who care and always want to do what's good/right. Also, a good sense of humour doesn't hurt either. 

And just for a bit of fun, here's a list of my literary crushes:
Jem Carstairs from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
Brigan from Fire by Kristin Cashore
Mr. Knightley from Emma by Jane Austen
Charles Darnay from A Tale of Two Cities by Charle Dickens
Remus Lupin from the Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling 
(And to a lesser extent, I really like the character development that Mr. Thornton from North and South and Warner from the Shatter Me Trilogy, under went.)

Envy
What books would you most like to receive as a gift?
Hmm.... that would have to be the Collector's Library 6 book box-set of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series, (I'm very particular about edition/publishers and stuff). 
It's such a beautiful little collection but soooo expensive. I'd feel completely guilty if I bought it for myself.    

Until my next post, take care and keep reading.
Nida

2 comments:

  1. L-Manio In The Know2 June 2014 at 17:05

    Firstly let me start by saying that I love the concept! And secondly, WooHoo L.A.T!!!

    I don't really do book tags but the one I must comment about is Wrath: Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Only because (no spoilers) I think that despite the great world she created she ruined the ending but that's my opinion though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dreading reading Allegiant even more now :-s

      Delete