To begin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Thursday 14 April 2011

click-Click charity

Dear Reader,

I have some good new, one single tiny little piece of bad news and just some general book-related news.

1) Because I'm an optimist I'll start with the good. I finally manged to set up an online means to donate to my charity campaign, the 2011 Reading Challenge aka BORN TO READ. There's a link to it in the 2011 Reading Challenge page and there is also a widget in the side bar ---> where you can see all the donations made online - currently it's at £0 :-( Make sure you check it out and donate whatever you can, it'll make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

2) The bad news is that I have my ultimate-final-my-whole-degree-depends-on-them-exams in just slightly more than two weeks time. So I really need to get my head down and focus and concentrate and drink lots of tea/coffee. This, unfortunately also means that I'm take a blogging and reading hiatus until the 20th of May. So,  NO MORE DISTRACTIONS for me. Awww please don't cry. I will be back. But in the mean time, I'll miss you, dear reader, quite a lot. 

Rebounding (Echoes)3) My reading hiatus actually doesn't come into force until I finish my current book, Rebounding by Jamilah Kolocotronis. It's the 2nd book in the Echoes series. I only have six words to say about this. I love this series so far. It's absolutely amazing. Not only does Jamilah Kolocotronis write really well, she has also opened up my eyes to the realities of life on the other side of the ocean.  Her characters are so real that I keep expecting them to leap off the page and walk right into my life. And over the period of one-and-a-half books I've come to care for them as I would care for my close friends or friendly cousins. Also, the plot is fast paced, the narration is incredibly personal, what more could you want from a light read? The titles of all five books also have a running theme. Let's see if you can figure it out:
  1. Echoes
  2. Rebounding
  3. Turbulence
  4. Ripples
  5. Silence
The only think that slightly irritated me about Echoes (the 1st book) was the self-pity of the main character Joshua Adams, and the way he kept repeating  the events of his past to everyone he met. But I guess this also adds a sense of reality because, we as humans are prone to self-pity and our past only happen once, so if we're going to be honest with people, we can only tell them the same thing, right?
 
Anyway, I'll probably finish the series after my exams are over. I'll probably write to you next then, as well. 
So, until the 20th of May, take care.
Nida     

No comments:

Post a Comment