To begin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Sunday 22 May 2011

I'm FREE and I'm BACK!!!!!!

Dear Reader,

I'm sorry. I know I promised to write a blog on the 20th of May, the day after my last exam, but what happened was that I was too busy enjoying my new-found-freedom to remember to turn on my laptop. I slept a lot, Allhumdulillah. I spent the entirety of Friday with my university friends and then Saturday was devoted to spending time with my family and helping my not-so-little-brother-any-more with his GCSE English revision.     

Image courtesy of Toronto Public Library
So now that I'm back and free of exams, being the compulsive list-maker that I am, I've made a list of things I want to do:
  1. Blog regularly again (1 per week at least)
  2. Prepare for the month of Ramadaan - I can't wait to start fasting again. 
  3. Re-read the Noble Qur'an with Tafsir 
  4. Spend at least a week with my university friends before results come out (plans for this are under process and the dates have been set).
  5. Give my final "Sisters' Circle" talk at uni before the younger years break off for summer.  
  6. Finish my applications for Masters. 
  7. Write at least another 40,000 words of my novel Life in Conversations
  8. Begin doing research for my new top-secret-novel-idea.  
  9. Go to the Lake District, Cumbria with my family.
  10. Read at least 30 more novels for the charity Reading Challenge
  11. Watch the last Harry Potter movie with my Sixth Form friends.  
  12. Cook at least once a week and garden a lot more.
  13. Attend my convocation ceremony. 
  14. Learn to drive and pass my driving test.
  15. Get a job? maybe, if I have time. 
I think that these points are an achievable target for the next four months, InshAllah. I'll keep you updated as I check them off my list. I've also been writing a lot of poetry lately, but that's a post for another time, InshAllah. 

My brother Codename: The Monkey, suggested that I start asking you, my dear reader, a question once a week. Question of the Week: what will you do in your summer holidays? (if you are still in education. If not then what will you like to do in your next vacation?) Leave your answers in the comment section below. 

So that's all for now. I'll write to you next week InshAllah. Until then, take care.
Nida 

2 comments:

  1. L-Manio in the Know23 May 2011 at 18:20

    WOW chunky list... I probably couldn't do that. So In-shallah you will achieve all your goals and I Wish your "not-so-little-brother" good luck with his Exams, In-shallah you and him will pass will flying colours.

    p.s I sincerely hope you are not ignoring the L.A.T poetry book.

    question for you and your readers*: What is your favourite L.A.T poem? I personally enjoy the poem Ulysses

    *this is a new section of my comment posts. I will be asking a question in every comment from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JazakumAllah Khair for your wishes.

    I have to admit, I have not looked at LAT's poetry since before my exams. :S

    But to answer you're question: I was first forced to read 'Ulysses' as a teenager and hated it. Probably because I didn't understand it. But after reading it again as an adult I can honestly say that I think it's a work of genius. However, my favourite of all LAT's poems has to be without a doubt, 'The Lady of Shalott' which I go into great detail in this post:
    http://lifeasiknowit-nida.blogspot.com/2011/01/poetry-again.html

    Thank you for the questions. I will answer them to the best of my abilities, InshAllah

    ReplyDelete