To begin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Tuesday 1 May 2012

a Barren wasteland

Image courtesy of mongabay.com
Dear Reader,

I think you must feel really abandoned by now. But I must admit, when it comes to poetry, blogging and even novel writing, my creativity has transformed into a barren wasteland, on which sometimes sprinkles of inspiration fall like sparse rain, that doesn't stick around long enough for anything useful to germinate, and is instead absorbed into the dry nothingness. I'm sorry. That is why I'm finally calling this an official hiatus until I can bring myself to write something worthwhile. 

Take care,

Nida

2 comments:

  1. i hope you come soon with more interesting and innovative ideas insha'Allah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Alhumdulillah I'm back now and plan to carry on with my once weekly blog, Inshallah. Make du'a for me that I never again find myself that metaphorical wasteland that was barren of creativity. It is an experience I would not like to go through again. :)

      Delete