To begin

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Sunday 27 May 2012

thoughts On writing - Part 2

Dear Reader, 

As I was brooming the kitchen floor this morning, I couldn't help but think that this was what I've been doing my life lately: brooming and brushing away important issues rather than facing them. And one of these issues is my writing ... of the lack there of. 


You see, I might be an introvert, but I'm also a thinker, an observer of life and people, a writer. And more than any of that, I ENJOY writing. That euphoria you get when you write a particular sentence that captures the situation accurately, or the smile that appears after writing a witty turn of phrase, that you know no one will notice but you like it all the same. That's what I've been missing. In these last few months, as I spiralled down a vicious cycle of despair and loneliness, after parting from a certain someone, I seemed to have forgotten all this.


So, even though I might never be published, let alone famous, and maybe no one will ever read what I've written, it should not stop me from doing something I really like doing. Because I actually am a writer, and I will keep on writing.      

Nida

2 comments:

  1. As'salaam Aleykum, I enjoy reading your posts, though never manage to respond to them in a manner that is worthy of your level of eloquence, so I don't say anything. I think you write beautifully, and graciously. And most importantly you write with purpose.

    Human beings like to be recognized and appreciated for their work, but sometimes we have to realize that happiness does not lie in those things. Sometimes we just have to be happy for ourselves, do something we love despite other people's reactions (whether positive or negative). I am glad you won't stop writing, because you seem so gifted masha'Allah. Allah has clearly blessed you with a talent so don't let it go to waste.

    As long as our intentions are pure, and our direction is to please Allah alone, then we can’t go wrong – what ever our goal may be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walaikum masalaam sister.

      JazakAllah khair for those lovely and supportive words. I'm also glad to hear that you've been reading my blog, you have no idea how much that means to me. By the way, from your comments and from parts of your blog that I have read, I think I can safely say that you write quite eloquently as well, MashAllah, and with an intellect that far surpasses my own.

      Keep writing and I look forward to hearing from you again.
      love, Nida

      Delete